Monday, January 16, 2012

Money Saving Monday

As many of you know, I run for excerise and race running races for charitable causes.

Part of a healthy diet is having healthy food, and extra vitamins on hand to take. In my search to stay within our budget of $300.00 a month for food for a family of four. I'm always on the search for good deals on food. Never ever turn your nose up at the discount stores or clearance freight stores. You might find a deal or too.

This past week I finally got to get out the freight clearnce store for our county. They sell top name bread that will be expiring within a week or a few days of purchase. To keep this bread longer, I fresh it. I only pay a $1.00 a loaf plus they carry english muffisns for a $1.00 as well. One package of english muffings and a dozen eggs feeds us for a few breakfasts.

I ran out of my vitamins for women and my extra vitamin D's as well. I found a 200ct of vitamin for women and a caluim + vitamin d with 100 ct bottle for a $1.00 a piece. Mind you, one of the was past their expiration however since it had not been openned. I knew the vitamins were okay to take after checking on line to be sure they were not made in china.  I only spent $2.00 but saved $18.00.

Its worth checking out your local discount stores because you never know what you are going to find.

No comments: