Sunday, May 29, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend-Sunday

When I was little, I could not ever figure out why Memorial Day was so darn important. I attended the parades held in my mother's hometown. I watched as the wreath was laid by statue memorial for fallen soliders. I heard the "its finally over" sighs from bored adults to the comments its time for the backyard barbeque. When I was a little older, I actually marched in said parades, either playing an instrutment or carrying the bands banner as a cheer or pep squad fill in. Now, that I am that adult I don't think Memorial Day as boring or another weekend with the kids. I think of this weekend as a time to relax to be with my family, a time to say thank you for the sacrifices the military families and their spouses made for us. Most of all, to stop running around like a chicken with its head cut off and try to stop time from flying by.

I had someone ask me if I was going to have a sale this weekend. I had planned on it. Though I re-thought about it. I decided why compete, if I wait until after I might do better. This way I achieve two things possible sales, and staying with the relaxation mode I put in place.

If you are someone that I work on with a team, can you please promote the sale when I do have it this week thanks! The sale code will only be available through twitter and facebook.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What instrument(s) did/do you play?